古曉璇 Ku,Hsiao-Hsuan
2 hours, 34 minutes, and 29 seconds
Published in English Journal (February 1989), Baines, L. A. mentioned that nowadays, people tend to convert the emphasis of writing from finished product to the process of writing which means that before you start to write, you have to get a blue print in your min which is so-called planning. To think of the main sentence, thesis statement, supporting point of views and conclusion. After the general ideas come out, you begin to compose. But writing is not an easy thing, your composition can not perfect at the first time. So you have to revise again and again. However, publishing is indispensable in the process of writing. Sharing what you write in the class activity is not uncommon in today. Because students are often unconscious of many forms of writing, teachers play an impartment role in it. On the other hand, as the use of computers become more and more common, many people benefit from it . They can write, edit, and publish their work on the media.
Take my experience for example, what I thought of writing essay when I was in senior high school was very different from what I have learned since entering in a college. It was ridiculous re-reading what I wrote before. In the first semester, I got some problems about composing since I did not get used to the new and “professional "writing skills. To begin with, he used “brain storming” to explain to us that in this phase, just made association whatever we could. And classify them. Then we have outlines, main sentence, supporting point of views, and then conclusion. This is called a draft. As the paragraph mentioned, revisions are necessary. Through revising again and again, we can know what need to be developed more and what to delete. The professional essay gradually forms. But often we tend to be unaware of what we write, which means that we need somebody to give advice. So sharing and publishing on a blog with classmates is very useful like what we do now. And by browsing other classmates’ blog, we can leave some suggestions on their blogs which may be helpful to them.
As I talked about the blog in the last paragraph, we use computer as a media to learn English, to hand in our paper, to discuss in freshmen English and now in composition class. At first, I could not get used to it because I thought that it was weird to write by using computer. It was supposed to be done on paper. Until now I totally agree with it. In the system we use “blogger”, and I found that there are many things we can do in a blog rather than just words on it. We can put video clips, some online resources or even little games to share with browsers. And writing on computers has some merits which are not existed in writing on paper, that is, we can write, edit and publish just through just your fingers clicking on the keyboard and mouse. And everything’s done. So that’s how it attracts to many people nowadays. (517 words)
11 則留言:
--- In the first paragraph, there is a sentence that sounded weird to me; it seemed that you did not finish the sentence. ( “ To think of the main sentence, thesis statement, supporting point of views and conclusion.” ) I think that you might read the article again and correct some spelling mistakes and also check out if you want to add some missing words into your article. By the way, at the very beginning, you stated out the source of the article, and that was cool.
Sometimes I have the same feelings as well as you that I can’t get accustom to the transition from the writing skill we learned from senior high school to the way we do now in university. The skill we learn in the university stresses the importance of writing process. You also put emphasis on the use of the software program.
Sometimes I would feel very impatient with re-writing. Because I think keep reading and writing the same material is very boring. But now, I think it’s important to have our articles revised. And we still have to read other people’s article, discuss with our teacher or classmates. We really can get something through discussing.
I love your taking explicit personal experience as an example! You really developed it in details, which led readers to conviction of the arguments the article concludes. And in the two paragraphs where you developed your experience you connected past one with latest one in the class of composition.
I think that you can mention the topic of this article at the beginning of your exam essay. And maybe you can check your essay again to see if there is any spelling mistake. I found one word spelling mistake in line 3 in which you spell the word “mind” wrong. Therefore, it would be good to check the whole essay again.
To Candy
I think your summary and reflection show that you read the article of exam carefully. But there has some unnecessary sentence in your issue. For example, “ As I talked about the blog in the last paragraph”. Besides, I think “ridiculous” is an informal word in academic issue. By the way, pay attention to some little mistakes of grammer.
I am impressed by your own experiences of composing. You connect your experiences with the article and tell us the problems which we may also have during the writing process. In the second paragraph, you mentioned that "he used brain storming to...", but you do not tell us who he is. Maybe you can check out your essay again.
It is quite great that you use your experience to support your idea to the article.
I think you had made a mistake same with me, we use some informal words or informal way to discoures.
In your line 5, there is a vocabulary error- print in your “min”. In the whole structure, I can understand what you mean, however, I think you can rearrange your main point to make stronger. (I like your beginning, because most of us forget the work cited.) Between paragraph 1 and 2, I think you can find the connection. In the last paragraph, when I read “At First” in your article, I expect the following second, third, but I fail to read more.
Some of your sentences are weird. Be aware of the structure of every sentence and each sentence only has one subject and verb. In the second paragraph, you transit the topic too fast from mentioning the vitality of sharing opinions with classmates to how useful the blog is. To describe more connections between them will make the article more fluent and persuasive.
After reading your article, I can understand your learning situation clearly.You combined the idea in the essay with your own experiences, that will make your article more convincing.
On the other hand,I found some grammar and spelling errors in your article, such as "min"in line four, and "To think of the main sentence, thesis statement, supporting point of views and conclusion." It's not a complete sentence.
張貼留言