2009年1月8日 星期四

presentation questions

1.Paper outlines including the title and 1-3 keywords (e.g., euthanasia, gay and lesbian marriage, animal rights, etc). Do you search information using these keywords? In English or Chinese? Why?
Title: Animal welfare
Key word: Movie Dogs, Animal Rights, animal welfare, dog
First of all, I use movie dog to search. The result is nothing because the range is too narrow. Then, I use animal rights and animal as my key words and it works better. Most of the time, I type in English because there a lot of information about it.

2. 4 full citations (see the previous email for the APA formats) including library and Web sources and their intended audiences (e.g., general, academic, customers, peers and friends, other). Are you satisfied with the quality of these resources? What difficulty do you encounter?
(1).Life of a Dog
Anonymous
Website:http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=1da6hynh_lo&eurl=http://candyku.blogspot.com/search/label/%E3%80%90Annotation%E3%80%91
Intended Audience: General people. A short story about a dog which was saved from a shelter and later abandoned.

(2).Patt Morrison(2008, Sep.30) Abandoned movie dog—Chihuahuas Dalmatians—and the voiceless foreclose. Los Angeles Times.
Intended Audience: General people. It talks about the trend of buying cute dogs every time when a movie which there main character is dog is in the theater.

(3). Anonymous (December23, 2008) .Retrieved January 9, 2008, from Wikipedia, Animal welfare. Web Site: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_welfare
Intended Audience: General people. It introduced the origins of the concepts of animal welfare and the developed history of it.

(4). Talan and Jamie,(2006) Do animals have feelings? Scientific American Mind; Vol. 17 Issue 1, p24-29, 6p, 5 color. Retrieved January 9, 2008.
Intended Audience: Those who are interested in the topic of animals’ feelings.

3. How do you use these sources to support your own argument/opinions or as references for facts? Do you quote some words, phrases, or sentences directly from the original texts or paraphrase them?
I do quote some sentences from the original texts that help support my opinions.

4. What revisions have you made compared to your annotations? What drives you to make revisions? Do you polish your language and pay attention to cohesion and coherence in your final paper?
I revise my annotation according to the peer feedback. It helps because sometimes I can not find the wrong parts of it by myself. Yes, I will pay attention to the cohesion, especially that we have to combine all the annotations together this time.

5. What perspectives have you changed compared to your issue paper? Did you add your peer's opinions? Why or why not?
Movie dog animal welfare
I do add peer’s opinion, they help a lot.

沒有留言: