2008年12月25日 星期四

reflection 2

Before interviewing with teacher Emma, I wrote some questions about my problems so far. It’s that I found it difficult to search my topic on the internet especially the professional paper. So far, I’ve found two film clips, a piece of news about movie dogs, something about animal-welfare, and an article about the topic-Do animals have feelings. I am still thinking about how to make a connection between each of the annotations. It is one of the most important parts of the issue paper. To use conjunction words among them and thus build up a coherent paper, including the introduction, the contexts which give supporting points to the topic and at last, the conclusion.
Here is the structure so far I have come up with. First I will use the phenomenon of buying animals after movies featured cute dogs. To point out the craze of some irresponsible people who buy cute dogs and dump them when they think they are not cute animals anymore. Next I will provide with a piece of news about a recent movie called 《Beverly Hills Chihuahua》. The author ironically pointed out the outcome after the movie before the movie is played in the movie theater. That many movie-dogs end up in animal shelters. Another ethical question, “Do animal have consciousness?” brings about the issue of animal welfare. Before discussing whether or not animal have feelings, I will give some information about the history of animal welfare and the details of it, such as animals have five rights to live and how ancient people treated animals. Also, I will mention a little bit about differences owing to region. The last part is about the theme, “Do animal have feelings?” The expert has pointed out some examples about how animals behave like elephant, roughhousing chimpanzees, dogs, laboratory rats, and mammals. In addition, he uses theory of Darwin to support my points. This is the draft so far I wrote.
Another thing in the interview is about the mid-term essay. Emma has corrected my summary. The biggest problem is that I used too many run-on sentences and other problems like grammar, spelling. This error I still have not corrected yet.
As for the advices which group members gave are:I need to add more my opinions and experiences in my annotations and to search more information about the animal rights and ethical articles concerning with my topic. They have pointed out many errors which I did not find myself. I think peer feedback is a good system to help us correct our writing problems.
Last important reminder is that I have to put the sources at the beginning of each annotation with the APA format. Many of us did not use the right format. We have to attach the sources at the beginning of each annotation. Emma has given us the website of APA format. But remember, in issue paper, we have to put the sources at the last part.

沒有留言: